HOBART FabCO® Edge™
Gas-Shielded Wires, Carbon Steel, Flat & Horizontal
AWS A5.18: E70C-6M H4
Edge is a metal-cored wire with fewer silicon islands than other metal-cored wires. On clean material, weld bead toe lines are almost completely free of silicon deposits. The weld bead face is virtually free from silicon island deposits. Together with exceptional low spatter rates, Edge will save time and money spent cleaning prior to painting, coating, or plating. The recommended shielding gas is a mixture of argon and carbon dioxide, with a minimum of 75% argon and a maximum of 95% argon. Arc characteristics improve with richer argon gases while spatter and fume levels decrease.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Virtually no silicon deposits at weld bead toe lines • Reduces clean-up time, minimizes risk of inclusions • Excellent gap bridging capabilities • Minimizes burn-through, reduces part rejection • Excellent wetting characteristics • Assists in producing smooth weld beads with uniform fusion • Capable of higher deposition rates and travel • Increases productivity, more parts per hour speeds than solid wire
The wire is recommended for single and multi-pass welding in both the flat and horizontal positions.
Flat & Horizontal
CONFORMANCES AND APPROVALS:
• AWS A5.18, E70C-6M H4 • AWS A5.18M, E48C-6M H4
• ASME SFA 5.18, E70C-6M H4
• ABS, 80% Ar/20% CO2, 3YSA H5 (0.045” - 1/16” diameter electrodes, flat position)
• ABS, 90% Ar/10% CO2, 3YSA H5 (0.035” - 1/16” diameter electrodes, all positions)
• CWB, E491T15 - (M12, M20, M21, M22, G) A4-CS1-H4 (1.2-1.6 mm diameter electrode)